Random running thoughts:
- Last 20+ miler of this training cycle done yesterday. 21 miles. On the Twin Cities Marathon course. LOVED it. The miles flew by. After 4 really slow miles, I ran solo and got in a groove at a really comfortable pace (8:54) and then pushed it for 6 miles (8:10 – 8:40, but with hills). The hilly part of the course didn’t feel horrible like I remember it from previous years. I’m in a good place.
- I tried a new flavor of GU yesterday. Salted Caramel. It was seriously delicious! Like I would almost consider eating it for a treat if there were no treats around my house and I got desperate. It’s definitely my fuel of choice for Twin Cities Marathon.
- Got my race guide and corral information. Corral 1. Yippee! Less crowds to deal with and all the fasties will jet off ahead of me.
- When I was running on Summit yesterday I started imaging the crowds and excitement and what it would be like approaching mile 25 again (where my family lives). Scott will be out along the course this time too. I can’t wait. SO excited!
- Fall weather arrived this week. The weather for our long run Saturday was PERFECT marathon weather: 39 and sunny at start, 50 and sunny at finish.