Week #1 of Twin Cities Marathon training is in the books!
Summary: 67.5 miles running; pilates twice
- M: 10.8 (9:06) w/ 6 x 10 second strides near end
- T: 10.2 (8:52) w/ 2 x 10 second strides near end
- W: 12 miles w/ 12 x 400m at 5k (6:55-7:00) w/ 400m jog between
- Th: pilates
- F: 8 recovery (9:24)
- Sa: 10.4 miles (8:50) w/ 6 x 30 second build ups towards end; pilates
- Su: 16 miles (8:52)
Random thoughts about Week #1 of the Hansons 16 week 65 – 80 miles/week plan so far:
- The mileage felt very manageabale – I think because I’d been doing alot of midweek 10 milers for the previous month of basebuilding.
- I really focused on keeping my easy miles easy pace. There were many miles that I could have pushed it, but I forced myself to slow down, reminding myself of the physical benefits that come from easy miles and that I need the miles to be easy in order to handle the higher mileage.
- This week was crazy with storms and humidity. With these higher mile runs, if I don’t get them done in the morning, it’s gonna be SO much harder.
- I did another “cleanse” week. Zero alcohol and ate relatively well and limited treat intake a bit (only 1 blizzard, 1 root beer float, 1 dilly bar and about 50 peanut butter m&m’s)
- I didn’t like saving the long run until Sunday, but that’s how the life schedule worked out.
Coming up: Week #2, which looks very much like week #1 but with a progression run instead of intervals. Wheeee!