So how much DOES it truly cost to run the Boston Marathon? Inquiring minds want to know. I’m sure it can be done on the cheap, but to do it up right, which I plan to do for my first Boston, here’s what I figure:
- Registration fee: $150
- Hotel: $1116 (Friday – Tuesday; 4 nights/5 days) at Sheraton Boston Hotel
- Plane: $318
- Parking at airport: $110
- Official Boston Finisher Jacket: $100
- Cute Boston training fleece: $65
- Food/Drinks in Boston: $375 (I figure $75 a day; I eat and drink alot! )
- Cabs: $100
- Expo spending money: $300 (This might be low; I plan on buying tons of stuff! 🙂 )
- Cute race outfit: $100 (If I’m gonna buy race photos, which I will because it’s BOSTON, you can bet I’m gonna have a cute race outfit!)
- Photos: $60 (see above)
Grand Total: $2,794.00! Yikes! (Don’t get me wrong, it will TOTALLY be worth it!)
Am I forgetting anything?
Note: This doesn’t include the cost of training plan and shoes, which I figure are just part of normal marathoning/running and I would have spent anyway.
Additional Note: My parents are coming to Boston too. Perhaps I can convince them to buy me dinner one night! 🙂
Enough blogging. I better get to work so I can pay for this marathon!