2012 – dubbed “The Year of Cindi” by some of my running friends – was filled with highs and lows. But, thankfully, MORE highs than lows.
- Number one, of course, was my first Boston Marathon acceptance! Yipee!
- Learning to ride a bike! 🙂 I LOVE how my road bike has expanded my social opportunities as well as the positive effect it has on my running legs.
- Running in cool non-Minnesota places: Cedar Key, Florida; Lansing, Michigan; Seattle, Washington; Chicago, Illinois; Savannah, Georgia
- Running in different Minnesota places: Olivia, Duluth, Hibbing and Lanesboro.
- Running two Marathons: Lansing (effing wind) and Chicago (effing leg/head/whatever)
- A handful of PR’s: Grandma’s half marathon (1:38:56); Victory 10k (45:39); Brian Kraft 5k (21:58)
- New running – now real life – friends
- A new running coach – the results of which have yet to be seen, but so far I’m loving the new variety of workouts and what it is doing to my physical and mental fitness
- Going from blonde to brunette. It’s NOT true what they say: I’ve definitely had more fun as a brunette than I did as a blonde! 🙂
- Learning to be comfortable on my own, with myself.
- Meeting someone who brightens my world.
- Learning that I can’t control everything and that sometimes letting go and having faith is the best thing (the only thing) to do.
2012 in pictures:
I am excited for the possibilities and promise of 2013!