At least the first significant snow of winter happened on a recovery run day. Although the snow was so deep on the trail, so sloppy on the roads and so pelting in my face that I ended up cutting the planned 8 mile run short at 4.5. Lesson learned for winter running: look ahead and plan accordingly. I should have ran Friday when the roads were clear and rested today!
I do love a good snow day though – when I’m cozied in at home with nothing to do except make hundreds of peanut butter balls for a cookie exchange!
So this week of training went well. Higher mileage and still managed pilates. New workout for the week was “Deek 200s” – which was 2 miles of 200m at roughly 4k pace, 200m recovery float, repeat. I hadn’t done that sort of workout before. I liked it. Made the miles go by fast. Next week is a cut back week, then the real marathon training starts. Yipee!
Phoenix Marathon Training, Week #4 recap:
- Miles Run: 56.9
- Pilates: 3 times
- M: 8.6 miles (w/ 6 x 800m at 10k pace)
- T: 10.1 miles (9:05)
- W: 10.4 hilly miles (9:12)
- Th: 8.15 miles (w/ a bunch of 200s fast)
- F: pilates
- Sa: 15.3 miles (9:01); pilates
- Su: 4.3 miles (10:43); pilates (yes, you read that pace right; this is what 6 inches of snow will do to the pace!)
83 days til Race Day!