Week #1 of Phoenix Marathon training is in the books!
- Miles run: 34.3
- Pilates: 1 time (maybe another today??)
- M: 7.1 miles (8:41) w/ 5 x 1k intervals
- T: 4 miles (9:14)
- W: 5.5 miles (8:56) w/ 3 strides
- Th: 5.6 miles (9:22) w/ 10 x 50m hill sprints and walking downhill backwards
- F: rest
- Sa: 4 miles (9:56)
- Su: 8.2 miles (9:27)
- The week’s workouts felt ok. Not too challenging. Not too easy. Just right.
- I should have done the easier end of the hill sprint workout (he said 8 – 10; I always opt for the higher number) and then maybe I wouldn’t have been so sore.
- Even though the calf soreness sucked, it sucked in a good way, ya know? I feel like I should do some more backwards downhill walking soon, so that the legs acclimate.
- Christmas cookies will be the death of me. I have NO will power. I am testing out different kinds to make for our Girls 10 Cookie Exchange. And I can’t seem to just eat one or two. Instead, I eat 5 or 6 in a row. Uggggg.
- I had hoped to do more pilates and some cross this week, but life got in the way.
- I did NOT sleep enough this week. Life interfered with that too.
- Things to concentrate on in Week #2: sleeping more; having some self control with eating Christmas Cookies; pilates at least 3 times.
104 days til race day!