Random Thursday Thoughts:
- Can a former-blonde-turned-brunette have Blonde Moments? Cause I had a major one today with the morning’s hill workout. It’s actually way too embarrassing to even publicly admit, so you’ll just have to trust me when I say that I’m an idiot. In the interest of full disclosure and trying to be a good trainee, I confessed the details of my Blonde Moment to my coach via email. He hasn’t responded. He’s probably running for the hills, wondering WTF he got himself into with me.
- Good news! I did NOT fall down this morning while I walked down a fairly steep hill backwards. 10 times. Must only be when I’m running or biking that I fall.
- News flash: Walking down a fairly steep hill backwards hurts. At first I was fine. But now, 15 hours later, the back of my calves HURT! I’m thinking tomorrow’s recovery run is gonna be an ultra slow one.
- Coach had me go to a sports medicine doc for some blood tests, to test hemoglobin, ferritin and hemocrit – just to make sure I’m in normal range and don’t have any issues (other than the obvious two left feet issue). So today was the day that I went to the doc to go over my results. My heart DROPPED when THREE doctors walked in the room with my chart and shook my hand. I seriously thought that my blood test must have showed that I was dying or had a rare disease or something. Turns out my tests were all completely normal. Guess it must have been a slow morning and the docs just needed to triple bill the insurance company or something. Or maybe word of my morning’s Blonde Moment spread quickly & they wanted to see me for themselves . . .
- Meg’s cross country banquet was tonight. So inspiring to see her. She received the Committment to Excellence award – based on dedication. Just like mom – she may not be the fastest, but she is SO dedicated and loves running so much. I love it!