Random Thursday Thoughts:
- Recovery week sounds so fun in theory: eat tons of crappy food, drink a bunch of red wine, stay up late, sleep in instead of getting up early and running a gazillion miles.
- In practice, however, recovery week sucks: I feel big and bloaty and crabby and edgy.
- Post-marathon depression has set in more than ever, for me, this time. I feel sad that the training is over. Disappointed about my race. Anxious to start training for something new. I have a bunch of ideas floating around in my head – but will wait until next week to decide after I actually test out the legs and see how they have recovered (and make sure I’m not injured; I don’t think I am).
- Anyone running the Gear Western half marathon this weekend? I’m volunteering for it (with my kids), so look for me!
- Funny searches that led people to my blog this week: “Sappy Blog”, “child taller than mom”, “this moment is what we have don’t get ahead of yourself”, “blizzard dq” 🙂
- I’m looking into new training plans/options for Boston. I need to mix things up. Stay tuned.