Random Marathon Thoughts:
- It’s funny how weather is so relative. The marathon sent an email yesterday about the event risk level being GREEN, which means good conditions for marathon running. Green means go! And I am SO ready to race 26.2
- I hear some bloggers/people whining about how COLD they think Chicago is going to be and so they are bundling up in tights and layers. (Forecast now is about 38 at start, 53 for high; so my guess is it’ll be 45 degrees at finish). To me this sounds PERFECT and it also sounds like tank top and shorts running weather (with arm warmers at the start and roll them down and/or give them to spectating friends when I see them; also with my calf compression sleeves, which I LOVE for the support but which will also help with warmth a bit).
- Have I mentioned that I love running 26.2 miles????
- I’m trying a new color with this marathon. Red! Because it’s fast! I’ll still wear a splash of pink somewhere though. 🙂
- My meditation entry from one of the days this week was fitting. It was about stopping being afraid of the unknown and instead embrace it. It was fitting for life AND for running marathons. With each marathon I run I become more excited and less afraid. I’m more relaxed about the marathon (which I suppose is normal because now I know I can cover the distance). The unknown challenges make each marathon unique and memorable. I am SO excited for Chicago!