Chicago Marathon training, week #10 recap:
- Miles run: 49.9
- Miles biked: zero – no time and mini-taper
- Pilates: 2 times
- Core: 2 times
- M: 8.1 miles (7:51) (Progression run paces from MP to 10k)
- T: 10.25 miles (8:01) (w/ 7 at MP)
- W: 8.4 miles(7:41) (w/ 3 x 2 mile repeats at diff goal paces 6:54; 7:21; 7:36)
- Th: pilates
- F: 6 miles (9:08) (w/ 5 x 100m strides)
- Sa: 3 miles (8:37)
- Su: Women’s Half Marathon 1:42:32 (7:48) and 1 mile warm up
I can’t believe there is only 6 weeks of training left. 3 1/2 hard weeks and then 2 1/2 weeks of taper! Although this week is a cut back week in mileage (but still lots of quality). Focus for the next weeks for me NEEDS to be food – I feel big and icky from eating and drinking like crap. I know I sound like a broken record, but I’m serious this time! Gonna eat better starting . . . NOW! 🙂
41 days til race day!
The Women’s Half Marathon in Bloomington was this weekend. Definitely the hardest half marathon I’ve done, in terms of the course (hilly). Throw in 100% humidity and the fact that this race was during peak mileage/training (55/60 mpw) and it definitely wasn’t a PR. I ended up with 1:42:32 (7:48 pace). (PR is 1:38:56). Still – I’m happy with the race because I felt like it was a solid effort with the hills and even though it wasn’t a PR, it was my second best race time (PR was in June and before that my PR had been 1:44:44 – so the fact that I can get sub 1:45 on a tough course is great news for me). Plus my overall place (30 out of 1230 women and 3rd in my age group) isn’t too bad!
I had a fabulous weekend! 🙂