Random Thursday Thoughts:
- Minnesota State Fair starts today. I’m taking the day off work one day next week and taking Carter. I LOVE that he is 13 and still doesn’t mind hanging out with me. I’m thinking I better get up early that day and run 20 miles to try to counteract all the food I plan on eating: Sweet Martha’s cookies; pronto pup; belgian waffle on a stick (covered in chocolate and whip cream); beer; mini-donuts; cheese curds and corn on the cob (I need my vegetables, right?)
- Funny searches that led people to my blog this week: “nude running races” (seriously? Do people really think these exist?); “Dairy Queen” (enough said); “teen foot fetish – sexy blonde” (Good Lord! And MY blog showed up for this search??!); “rain storm no excuses for training” (right – a little rain won’t hurt – get your a$$ out there!); “fell on my elbow” (been there, done that; knees too); “truth about marathons” (they are awesome! and they suck!)
- Pilates has returned to my routine. Why do I let myself slack off and stop doing it? I feel so much better when I do it – more flexible (relatively speaking; I still may be the World’s Least Flexible Person) and stronger.
- I can’t wait to race Chicago! 🙂
- The elevation profile for this weekends half marathon is HILLY. Uggggg. Guess it’ll just be a strong training run – no PR for this girl!
- I am feeling really grateful this week for so many things. 🙂