Me and Meg – Firecracker races in Excelsior
Things I’m thankful for on this Independence Day:
- That the kids and I are strong and healthy and able to celebrate 4th of July. Even though they weren’t with me for most of the day, it was great to see them for a bit this morning!
- That Meghan woke up early to run at the same event I was running. So fun to go to races with her! She looked so strong and happy finishing the 2 mile.
- That my 5k was strong. I raced smart. It was 85 and sunny and crazy humid, so instead of trying to PR, I adjusted my pace for the heat. I think on a good, perfect weather day I could run about a 6:45 pace. Since it was crazy hot, my goal was 7:15. I ended up with 22:51, with splits 7:19, 7:17; 7:25 and then the finishing kick at 6:36. Very pleased with the effort!
- That I was able to bike 28 hot sweaty miles (UNDERSTATEMENT! It was 100 degrees, with a feels like of 106 degrees!). Crazy hot day. We had planned on 50+ miles but decided to cut it short and go eat and drink instead. Much better plan!
- Asparagus. 🙂
- Finally being independent.