- If you don’t take initiative and risks, you may end out missing out on something good. I’m at a point where I really don’t mind going after something that I want, because really, what’s the worst that could happen? Stay tuned.
- I’m at the very beginning of my taper, so trying to really focus on making the recovery runs slow and easy. 5.5 miles this morning at 9:10 pace. Legs felt great.
- My upper body is very sore today. It sort of feels like I fell off a bike. Twice. 🙂
- I CAN bike without falling down. Went 10 miles tonight. It was on a flat paved rail trail, so no hills, no cars and best of all no falls! Yipee! I even stopped at a handful of stop signs and clipped out (is that the right terminology?) without incident.
- Minor adjustments to the bike make a huge difference. I went to the bike shop today for my “fitting” and they did a bunch of stuff (don’t ask me to explain why/what) and it made a big difference. They were whipping out all kinds of measuring and adjusting tools: protractor type things, a string thing, etc. It just feels a lot better.
- Thirsty Thursdays have resumed in the ‘hood with the return of the nice weather. Good times.