Loved today’s long run for a bunch of reasons:
- It was with the group and running with them is good for me. It motivates me to go faster/harder than I would on my own. It also forces me to get out and be social, which is desperately needed after months of focusing too much on work and life craziness.
- Hills! They have been lacking in my training this time around. But between last week’s hilly 21 miles and this week’s hilly 17 miles, I should be good for racing in Lansing (which is supposedly flat; anyone know if this is really the case?)
- 17 miles, with hills and a bunch of marathon paced miles that didn’t feel like MP miles, which is always a nice feeling. 17 miles, 8:21 pace avg.
- Good times. Good conversation with KH and Jen, made the time and miles fly by. Plus I got some good baking, fashion and self defense tips. Fun stuff.
- The best part: DONUTS! We started our run from the parking lot of Yo-Yo Donuts, so when we were done with 17 miles we pigged out on yummy donuts and coffee. I’m gonna talk to coach about starting all our runs from there. So good.
I’m gonna admit it: I’m jealous of all the Boston peeps. Most of the running group is doing Boston, so there is excitement in the air. I think I’M more excited about it than they are (most of them have run it before). I can’t wait next year when I get my Boston chance, finally. I’m gonna be crazy obsessed with the picture taking and blogging. So be ready, readers.