I was so excited about the HM results yesterday that I forgot to recap week #1 of Lansing Marathon training. (Plus, the whole holiday thing is throwing me off and I’m losing track of what day we are on!)
Week #1 Summary:
- Miles run: 37.2
- Bike: 40 minutes
- Pilates: 1 time (I swear I thought I did it more!)
- Weights: 1 time
- Planks: 5 days (2 or 3 60 second planks; 1 30 second side plank)
- M: 8.25 miles (8:04) (w/ 6 x 60/60’s at faster than 5k + 2 x 60/60’s)
- T: bike 40 minutes; weights
- W: 7.85 (8:38) (w/ 4 x .30 mile hill repeats at MP)
- Th: pilates
- F: 5 miles (9:05)
- Sa: 3 miles (8:59)
- Su: Polar Dash Half Marathon (1:40:33)
I feel good about the first week of training, although the mileage was a little bit light because of a mini-taper for the half marathon. I do need to increase the strength and cross so that I can stay healthy and strong. I have to say though, that I’m excited about the outlook for Lansing with how strong my half marathon was yesterday.
Bring on week #2!
Kristy started Boston training today with some speedy miles! Go Kristy Go!