Everybody’s Doing It. The 2011 recap post. So, since it’s 8:00 on New Years Eve and I’m at home in my PJ’s already, here you go, here’s mine:
2011 Running Stats:
- Miles Run: 2156! Woot!
- Marathons Run: 3 (Little Rock; Grandma’s; Twin Cities)
- BQ’s: 1! (Twin Cities: 3:42:14)
- 10k PR: 46:02 at Victory 10k
- Marathon PR: 3:42:14
2011 Running Hightlights:
- Starting training with a group after years of running by myself. And loving it. They are such a quality group of people, of runners, of friends.
- Finally understanding that it is the mental game that makes the difference on race day. I found my mental edge and it powered me through to a strong marathon and a BQ!
2011 Life Stats and highlights:
- Turning 40! I’m now a Masters Runner!
- Major life changes, which are difficult, but which also will make me stronger in all that I do. 3 more days until I’m officially single after 16 years of marriage. Wow. 2012 will bring LOTS of changes!
I have to say that although 2011 was a very positive running year for me, I’m ready to be done with it. I’m ready for whatever 2012 brings my way, in life and in running.
Happy New Year!
Bring it, 2012!