Twin Cities Marathon, Week #8 recap.
Wow – 8 weeks of this training already?? It’s going too fast. I was really happy with how things were going until about 2 weeks ago when they came to a screeching halt while I tried to deal with whatever was happening with the hamstring. The good news is that I think it’s under control and all good now (yes, I’m knocking on wood as I write this). The other good news is that this happened early enough that I have time to put in a few more hard weeks of training before taper. So, it should all work out!
The other thing I need to keep reminding myself is that saying “week #8” of training is a misnomer of sorts. It’s week #8 of training for Twin Cities, but really the whole entire year of 2011 has been marathon training, first for Little Rock Marathon in early March, then for Grandma’s Marathon in June (with sensible 2 – 3 week breaks after each marathon, don’t worry blog followers!). SO, really, I should not be freaking out, like I tend to do, that last week and this week were only 30+ mile weeks of training. Right? Right.
Ok, so recap of week #8:
Miles run: 33.4
Minutes biked: 45 minutes (on stationary bike)
Weights: twice (yeah!)
Pilates: twice (yeah!)
- M: 5.3 miles (8:36); pilates
- T: weights; bike 30 minutes
- W: 6.5 miles (8:53) (leg felt great, yipee!)
- Th: 5.5 miles with intervals of 6x400m and 1 mile of 200 fast/200 slow (modified pace b/c leg started to feel weird); bike 15 minutes; weights
- F: rest (but, really, is watching six 14 year old girls at the cabin resting???!)
- Sa: 3 miles (9:40ish pace; no garmin!)
- Su: 13.1 Minneapolis marathon (8:08)