I know you have all been holding your breath waiting for marathons #9 and #10 on my Top 10 Marathons To Do list.
Any guesses? (Hint: read the title of the blog post!)
Well, since this isn’t a dream marathon list, since it’s a realistic list of the top 10 marathons I want to do in the next 5ish years, I’m gonna just go ahead and throw my 2 favorite marathons on the list, even though I’ve already done them before. Grandma’s Marathon and Twin Cities Marathon (And I just want to be done with this Top 10 list already!)
Why are these my two favorite marathons, and why will I likely keep on doing one or the other (or both!)?
- They are Minnesota marathons, so for me they are relatively easy to do. Not much travel required (none for TCM, for Grandma’s it’s a couple hour drive, but not bad).
- Having family in the Twin Cities and on the north shore means that at these two marathons I always have a Runnin-From-The-Law fan club, complete with bright pink signs!
- Both courses are spectacular. Twin Cities is beautiful in October and has SUCH fabulous crowd support. Grandma’s is a relatively easy course, with LOADS of fun afterwards at the post-race festivities.
- They are sentimental favorites for me. Twin Cities was my first marathon. 3 years later it was also my (sort of) BQ marathon. Grandma’s is a sentimental favorite because we usually make a weekend of it – bring the kids up to stay with grandma and grandma and then have them all come out and cheer.
- And of course, Grandma’s and Twin Cities are on my to do list since I am doing them both this year!
If you haven’t done Grandma’s or Twin Cities yet, I’d strongly recommend them!