- After a short break I am really motivated and ready to start training again. I love training. I love being in ultra-good shape. I want to get back at it. Now!
- I liked the 12 week Pfitz plan I did last time, so I wanted one that was at least 12 weeks away. When I looked a few days ago, Little Rock was 13 weeks away – on March 6, 2011.
- I liked the timing of this because it will allow me to race Little Rock, take a few weeks as a break (which coincides with our spring break trip with the kids), and then do a 12 week training program for Grandmas. Perfect.
- Napa Marathon was also March 6th. I know what you are thinking: Why in the world would you pick Arkansas over California??! Easy. It’s much cheaper (flight and hotel should cost me about $500 tops). It’s easier to get to (therefore less time off work, no hassle with car rental). And I can’t picture myself ever wanting to go to Arkansas for any other reason, whereas I go to California for vacations all the time. So Arkansas it is.
- World’s Largest Finisher Medal. Seriously. Look at this beast of a medal. 7 3/4 inches long x 6 inches wide. So even if I end up with a crappy race, at least I’ll have a big medal.
- Weather should be decent racing weather. Typically 40’s to start, 60’s to finish.
- Course looks decent. 2nd 1/2 is apparently a little more challenging with a 2 mile hill at mile 15, and mini-evil hills at mile 25. But I actually welcome the challenge and want to do some hill specific training this time. I need to get back into lifting and doing hill stuff. So this is perfect!
Anyone else in for Little Rock Marathon 2011?