I think that I qualified for Boston 2012. Garmin said 3:49:31, but I think I stopped it a few seconds early (at first timing mat of finish line). Mindi said she saw a time online of 3:49:41, which would make sense. But the results site I’m seeing right now is showing 3:51:07, which would make me 8 seconds too slow. I’m pretty sure that site is just f”ed up and that that is gun time. We’ll see.
No time to post details now. But highlights:
- Running first 10 miles off and on with an imaginary internet friend, boB.
- seeing Tina (follower of my blog) fly by me with her 3:40 pacer and talking to her for 10 seconds before they whizzed on by. (I can’t find your results on line tina – how did you do??? You looked so strong!!)
- Seeing ryan and the kids in 4 different spots – so motivating!
- Looking down at garmin at mile 24, when I had done the previous 3 miles at 10 minute pace and had pretty much given up, then realized that I was actually at 8:39 pace and if I TOTALLY kicked it in, I could still make 2012. I seriously found some weird inner power/strength the last 2 miles and FLEW! Last 2 tenths was at 7:2X pace!
- Seeing my family and signs at mile 25. Love it!
- Crossing the finish line for marathon number 5 and realizing that I had met my goal of having FUN the entire time (weirdly, I didn’t cry this time at all during the race and – brace yourselves – I didn’t let out even one F-Bomb!)
Race report to follow in the next day or two. (Oh – and I feel great! A little sore, but no injuries, no major blisters, no major aches!)