I feel much better about this week! I was smarter about my paces and smarter about not getting too wrapped up in the cycling and letting it interfere with my running. Also did a decent job with core and/or pilates every day and I can feel that the core is stronger. What I did NOT do a great job on was eating. Uggg. Feeling large and squishy again. Damn you, you DQ Blizzards!
This week is a cut back week. Gonna let the body rest and recharge and get ready for the intensity to pick back up next week.
Chicago Marathon Training, Week #5 recap
- Miles Run: 54.3
- Miles Biked: 37.4
- Pilates: 3 times
- Core: 4 times
- Strength: Ugggg, don’t ask.
- M: 7.2 hilly miles (7:52)
- T: 7.1 miles (8:43; w/ 5 x 100m strides); pilates
- W: 9.3 miles (7:58 w/ 2 x 2 mile repeats at about 7:05)
- Th: 10.7 miles (9:00; w/ 5 x 100m strides); 15.5 miles biking
- F: 4 miles (9:32); pilates
- Sa: 16 miles (8:08; w/ 3.75 at MP)
- Su: biked 21.9 miles; pilates
76 days til race day!