Chicago marathon training officially kicks off today!
I love starting a new training cycle. This one will be 16 weeks. I’ll be training with coach MB and a group from Chanhassen Lifetime again. But with some changes. I wasn’t entirely happy with the training plan, so MB is modifying it to suit my needs and to make me even more kick-ass fast than he made me last year (after joining his group I shaved 7 minutes off my time and got a 3:42:19, which is about 2 1/2 minutes under my new BQ time).
What are the new things I’m doing with my training this time around?
- the diet – less crap food and drink; enough said.
- pilates/core – I’m GOING to be more vigilant about this
- strength – 2 times a week; NO excuses!
- midweek medium long run – I LOVED these with the previous Pfitz plans and found them so beneficial for myself
- more cross in the form of cycling – hopefully no more falls!
- focus more on keeping the easy runs easy (likely via my HRM)
- focusing more on doing all my runs at the proper pace – too easy to get swept up in things with the group training. This time around, my paces/runs are all about me.
- my attitude – not giving up, pushing through
So maybe these things aren’t really THAT new or THAT ground-breaking. The biggest difference that I see is my attitude. I want big things for myself this time around. I am ultra focused, determined and driven to make big things happen this time. I don’t have the same life distractions that I had in previous training cycles. I’m on my own now and at a point where I am able to throw myself 110% into going after my goals. So that’s my plan. I’m gonna make big things happen!
I’ll blog more on my goals as training progresses; but I will say that I made a colorful sign of my goal and posted it on my bathroom mirror, so that I can look at it every day. It’s a Big Goal.
111 days til Chicago Marathon. Let the training begin!